The Confucius Institute at University of Massachusetts Boston was established in 2006, as the first Confucius Institute in New England area. Working closely with our two prestigious partners, Renmin University of China and the High School Affiliated to Renmin University of China, we have been focusing on our mission to promote understanding of Chinese language and culture in the communities served by the University. Through a range of programs aimed at both academic and general audiences, including courses, conferences and cultural events, the Institute has been a significant platform to provide opportunities for exchanges and collaboration between the US and China.
The following are highlights of our programs in the past 8 years:
* More than 160 students visited China as participants of our "China Today" program. They came from our Asian Studies Program in the Collage of Liberal Arts, College of Management and College of Education and Human Development;
* 9 times: Chinese Bridge Speech Contests for high school students in the US;
* 4 times: Chinese Bridge Speech Contests for university students in the New England area;
* More than 200 times: Chinese culture lectures to our campus students and faculty as well as community audiences;
* 3 different levels of weekend Chinese language classes for the community each semester;
* 3 times: Leadership training programs for local Chinese teachers and weekend school principals;
* 20 times: Working together with local organizations and the China Program Center of UMass Boston, we provided Chinese teacher training conferences for local teachers;
* 50 times: Seminars and programs in Chinese culture and language for both leaders and employees from government, business and education fields in New England.
Through these programs and events, Confucius Institute at University of Massachusetts Boston is regarded as a flagship in showcasing
Visit Confucius Institute website: www.umb.edu/confucius
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com